Sunday, January 31, 2010

Thursdays blog

(I wrote this on Thursday, but somehow forgot to post it.. woops.)

Hey’all! Just got back from my driving lesson.. Actually went pretty good today.. It has its ups and downs, but today was obviously a good day for driving, so am happy with that. Might also be that it was actually sunny and good weather outside.. I always, and I mean ALWAYS have lessons when it is dark and 99% of the time it is raining as well! No kidding, it somehow always rains when I’m out driving. Even Andrew, my driving instructor noticed that it’s always raining when we’re out driving..Oh well, guess it just makes me a better driver when it's sunny and good whether as well as being more prepared for when it's raining...

The teachers as school still keep us busy as always. We have a lot of homework and assignments before we have half term and get a week off from school the 13th of February. Can’t wait!! Gran Canaria, here we come! From we got back here after Christmas until we have half term it has/ it will be just constant homework and tests and assignments. Had a Chemistry test (which I by the way got a grade 6 on!!  I can’t even describe how much it means to get such a good grade when you work so hard in a subject you find really difficult, so I was REALLY happy with that ) We also had a math and English test today.. The English test went really bad for some reason, but the math went pretty good (I think).. Weird.. It usually is the other way around.. We also have to write 2000 words about the history of Tromsø (history) 1400 words about differences in marriage and family in two different cultures (sociology) 2 pages in Norwegian analyzing a short story.  And next week we start another assignment in chemistry + we have to write reports on all the experiments we do every week. And if that wasn’t enough we have an ESOL exam coming up in English just before half term. Really anxious about that.. they divide it into 4: reading, listening, speaking and writing and you have to pass all of them to pass the exam.. So we’ll see how that goes..
But I think I’ve been planning my days quite well, cause I do plenty of homework on the weekdays so I get most of the weekends off so I can travel and see more of England.. I love traveling. Which is definitely  in the Lilly gene. Not many in the Lilly family that doesn’t like to travel and see the world. 

Talking about traveling and seeing the world and Lillys.. My cousin Amanda from Colorado is studying in Barcelona this semester, and she is coming to London the first weekend of February, so I’m gonna go to London and see her for the day on Saturday the 6th . Can’t wait!! Haven’t seen her for like five years now.  
This weekend will probably be pretty quiet without any traveling  unfortunately.. Been going somewhere almost every weekend, so should probably stay at home and write on my history assignment… Am finished with the Norwegian and the sociology one+ the chemistry reports, so not much else to do except history.   OH, and by the way, my dog Miko was 6 years old today! Aww I wish I could be home right now with him.. But I got to talk to him on skype though and wish him a happy birthday so that was good. Haha J I love my dog!


No comments:

Post a Comment