Friday, October 23, 2009

The first driving lessons!

Yesterday was my first driving lesson! I was soooooo nervous when the clock started to get closer to 14:30...! What was my instructor going to be like? Was he going to let me drive the first lesson, or would it just be theory? Would I actually be able to drive the car? Would I stall the engine? Would I crash into something? haha it sounds stupid, but I was extreamly nervous but at the same time very exited.
I did defenitely not need to worry about anything at all.. I got a great instructor from Newcastle called  Andrew.  He was awesome! Very patient and took everything step by step. Which was good, cause I've only driven once before, so I didn't really know anything about driving... But the lesson went really well! First we went to a quiet road and I learned how to start and stop and all that (only stalled the engine once...yey) and after about 45 minutes of driving in the quiet area, we moved over to the busier roads! Gosj was a bit nervous then, but everything went pretty good. Not as difficult getting used to driving on the "wrong side of the road" actually. Had another two hour lesson today. Did pretty much the same thing. just driving around practecing turning, signaling, stopping ++ I wont be getting my licence before Christmas ( don't want to rush it too much, I have plenty of time)   but hopefully some time in January I will have my licence. We'll see how my driving progresses, but so far, so good! :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment