Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Homework and driving lessons

Some might wonder why I don’t blog anything about school or homework.. That doesn’t mean that we don’t do anything at school and just sit around doing nothing. . Trust me, we have plenty of homework and assignments! That’s one of the reasons I pretty much only blog on weekends, cause I’m so busy during the rest of the week. A brief run-through of the subjects I’m taking this year: international English, chemistry, math, history, sociology and Spanish. We are supposed to have Norwegian as well, but so far the school hasn’t found a Norwegian teacher here in Cambridge, so we’ll just have to wait and see what happens... We might have to do an intensive course when we get back to Norway... Anyways.. Homework wise I’m currently working on 3 bigger assignments at the moment; one in chemistry, one in history and one in sociology. Apart from the assignments we always have plenty of homework to do. We have the weekly chemistry rapports+ whatever our teachers decides that we have to do.. So plenty to work on, but I’m hanging in there!


Half term is coming up next week, so will have a week to relax and hopefully not think too much about school work. My mom is coming on Saturday and we are staying in Cambridge a day and then going to Brighton. On Tuesday one of my best friends from home, Tina is flying over with her parents, so I’m gonna meet her in London and we’ll hang out there for a few days (shopping, shopping ,shopping) before she has to fly home again Saturday. Can’t wait! It’ll be awesome!

Oh yes! As you read in the title, it says driving lessons, so let me tell you a bit about that.. Today I went and booked my very first driving lessons! Oh gosh, can’t believe I’m actually going to start driving! It’s quite bizarre. I still feel like a little kid, I shouldn’t drive a car! That’s what my dad and other adults do.. Not me! Oh well, guess I should start getting used to the thought that I'm growing up.. I’m really looking forward to taking driving lessons no matter how weird it might seem. The first lesson is on Thursday so until then I got a bunch of books I can start reading for my theory test. I bought this “package” at the driving school, BSM, which includes 40 hours of driving, the theory test, the practical test, a mock test, a bunch of books and DVD’s. They call it the “pass promise pack” cause the driving school pays for a new test if I don’t pass first time.. So better start reading!









No comments:

Post a Comment