Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Half term!!

Last week was half term, so had the whole week off from school. Our teacher being.. well teachers, and assuming we don’t have anything else to do with our time when we are off from school, of course gave us plenty of homework to do.. Typical.. Well, nothing to complain about.. I had a great time.. First my mom came on Saturday. Was really nice to see her again! And she brought with her a hole suitcase of food and stuff for me.. English food is good, don’t get me wrong, but I’ve really missed proper Norwegian food.. So thanks mom!

We spent all day Saturday and Sunday here in Cambridge before we went to London and took the train to Brighton with our friend Magda. She only was there for a day, while my mom and I stayed over for two days.. Brighton was really nice! Enjoyed seeing the ocean again! Am used to have it right outside my kitchen window, but here in Cambs there are no ocean and no mountains.. We went to the famous Brighton Pier and just walked around the town..






After two days in Brighton it was time for my mom to get back to Norway, and at the same time one of my best friends from Norway, Tina to come to London with her family. So said goodbye to my mom and went straight to the arrivals at the airport to meet Tina and her parents.. We then spent 2 days in London. I give you two words: Oxford Street! That’s probably where we spent most of our time.. haha, but didn’t actually use that much money.. With gift certificates and some money from my grandmother and my mom’s friend Eli (thank you!) I only used about 60 pounds.. Some of the clothes I bought:









Thursday eventing Tina and I took the bus back to Cambridge so she could see where I live and spent the hole day Friday here, before she also had to go back to Norway.. Was great seeing her again! Saturday I had to catch up on my history and chemistry assignment, and it was also Halloween! And to finish up a great week, Sunday, Emilie, a girl from my class and I went back to London to go to a GREEN DAY concert! Aaaaah! It was awesome! They are one of my favorite bands and they were so incredibly good live! The perfect end to the week!


And today I'm going to MANCHESTER! haha busy week! seeing Manchester United Vs Moscow at Old Trafford! (for those who don't know, Manchester United is the biggest soccer team in England) so that will be great fun! I'm actually a Liverpool fan, which is kind of Manchesters rival, but am still going cause I want to Experience as much as I can while I am in England… And soccer being such a big part of the English culture, a proper Champions League game should be exciting! Can’t wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment