Sunday, April 18, 2010

I'm Back!

Hi all... Well I'm back from my holiday. Despite Iceland and their volcano which meant a plane ride which should have taken one hour, turned into 11 hours on the bus, I had an amazing week in Ireland and Scotland... I really don't know where to start... We did and experienced so much and I have exactly 2335 pictures to prove it... haha, so picking out 6-7 pictures to put on the blog which sums up the trip is impossible.. And writing about everything we did would take hours... And I really don't have time for that.. So... To sum everything really quick and just add some random pictures, cause I honestly can't go through 2335 pictures to pick out the best ones, here it goes:

We were four days in Ireland and we had a great time there. Went to the Guinness brewery, Dublin Castle, Trinity College, saw Molly Malone, a Wax museum, Hard Rock cafe, walked around the Temple bar area, went shopping, met a leprechaun ++ this probably doesn't mean anything to you unless you've been to Dublin, but they are typical tourist things to do.. On the last day in Ireland we went on a day trip to this place called Glendalough. That was my favorite part of the trip. We had an amazing tour guide named Tommy and he was a very stereotypical Irish man. Quite loud, but so friendly and was talking and singing, joking and playing Irish music the whole way up there. We thought we were just going to Glendalough, but the trip was actually more about getting up there and stopping along the way. We made several stops, and the nature was just absolutely amazing! So beautiful. We also stopped at some movie locations which had been shot in Ireland, like "Braveheart" with Mel Gibson and one of my favorite movies, "P.S I Love you."  that was really cool!  So that was a really nice day. When I think of Ireland I think of green fields and beautiful mountains, so it was good to get out of the city and see some Irish countryside.

Next off was Scotland. First we were in Edinburgh, then went up to Aberdeen, then took the train to Inverness, and the last stop was Glasgow. I have to say Inverness was my favorite city of all of them, even though everybody says Edinburgh is the nicest city in the UK. In Inverness we  rented mountain bikes and cycled all the way to Lock Ness. 50 km all together!! A very long and exhausting day, but so worth it. The Scottish highlands are so, so beautiful and riding over the mountain we got some great views. It took 4 hours to get to the Loch but it was all worth it in the end.  Seeing the famous lake and Nessie. (well we at least looked for her.) We finished up the day with Nachos in Inverness.. And not with just any topping..Haggis!! Haha since we were in Scotland, we had to try their national dish, which consists of a sheep's heart, lungs, liver and other yummy stuff.. haha, it actually wasn't that bad.. It wasn't good, but I had expected it to me much worse.  Well, I would love to tell you about all the other things we did in the other cities, but this post is getting quite long now, so I think I'll just leave it at that. We've had an amazing week and have experiences so much. I still didn't feel I haven't seen enough of Scotland and Ireland, so definitely have to go back one day!





¨















The bridge where Gerry met Holly in "P.S, I love you"












Edinburgh




Lunch by the lighthouse in Aberdeen



Inverness






Bike-babesss, haha





Scottish cow.. I want one!




Loch Ness!




No comments:

Post a Comment