Thursday, April 1, 2010

A day in Robin's city

FINALLY easter vacation. Really needed a break off from school! Been really busy the last couple of days with two presentations and one assignment before we could go on holiday yesterday, so haven't had the time to tell you about my trip to Nottingham last Sunday.

So... Sunday Helene and I were going to Nottingham.. Like I said, we've had a lot to do at school lately, so Saturday night I was sitting up quite late working on my English presentation. Didn't go to bed before 3.30... and when my alarm rang at 6.30... Well, I was sound asleep.. Woke up at 7.30, and the bus was leaving at 8... And it takes at least 20 minutes to ride my bike down to town... SHIT... so no surprise that we missed that bus... Sorry Helene!! Well, nothing left to do but wait for the next bus and hope the bus driver would let us on the bus if it wasn't full.. Bus drivers in England are really mean and angry.. At least them who drive for National express, so wasn't too hopeful. + that we didn't have insurance on the tickets... But we waited for one and a half hour, and finally the next bus came. We walked up to the driver and with our biggest puppy-dog eyes explained what had happened.. He as a drives of national express of course said that it was a pity for us and that it wasn't his problem. but luckily he said he was in a good mood, so he would let us on.. Puuh!

So we arrived in Nottingham 3 hours later and we had a great day there. I have to say it's one of my favorite cities in England. Not to big and not too small, and with a lot of charm.. Nottingham is as some of you might know, where Robin Hoods supposedly lived, and that was clearly portrayed  all over the town with pictures, statues, paintings++ But Nottingham was a lovely city and the sun was shining. Yet another great day.



Robin and I :-)

Wheel of Nottingham






Nottingham<3


A mall... totally normal

2 comments:

  1. aah, e dæ nån plassæ i england du IKKE har besøkt no??? heldig:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. hihi... ja?
    nån få hvertfall :D

    ReplyDelete