Monday, September 7, 2009

Picnic in the park

(I’m posting yesterdays blog since we didn’t get internet before today :-) )

I <3 Cambridge!!
After sleeping for about one hour, then driving to the airport, saying good bye to my mom and dad, sitting on the plane for 3 and a half hour and then a 2 hour bus ride, we FINNALY arrived in Cambridge! The bus parked at our new school where our host families were waiting. The tension on the bus was quite high when a lady came on and started calling our names one after another. Of course Karoline (my roommate) and I were at the very bottom of the list so we were quite nervous after watching all our friends get their “new family”. Finally she called our names, but our host family hadn’t arrived yet so we had to wait for another 10 minutes. My heart was beating quite fast I tell you while we were sitting there waiting. But finally a red car turned in the parking lot and out came a lady, smiling and saying that she was Selina and that we would be living with her. The house was only a 2 minute drive from the school, so it will be good to live so close to the school for once. The house was really nice! Typical “English”, very small, but very cozy. But our room was quite big, so we were happy with that. Sunday our class met in one of the many parks here in Cambridge where we had a little picnic and after that we were free to look around the city and do some shopping! Hurray! There are sooo many more stores here then in Tromsø! So, so far so good! I’m really happy with both my host family and the city, so I think this year will be awesome!!






2 comments:

  1. you live in England for the time being?
    and going to school inCambridge?
    or have I got it all wrong? x)

    ReplyDelete